Lily is at a super cute stage with her language. Here are some highlights:
Gook Nacks (Fruit Snacks)
Baby Broller (Baby Brother)
Leaf me alone (Leave Me Alone)
Peas Pay me? (Please Play with Me)
Pay you? (Can I Play with You)
No, Hand on. (Instructing you to put your hand back on the toy you were supposed to be playing with...with her)
My Mini hosies (My Little Pony)
Da last ucicorn (The Last Unicorn)
Beekey me (Look at Me)
Das Not Nice (That's Not Nice)
Me luf you :-)
I hurt dese two little lips (hands, toes, etc)
Me luf Anna :-)
I wish I could capture them all. This is just a little sample. And as we all know (and as evidenced by her changing language from when I began writing this to when I actually published it) it will be a very short stage!
Friday, January 17, 2014
Interview with Anna, age 6Here is an interview with Anna, age 6.
What is your:
1) Favorite color? Pink
2) Favorite book? I don't know
3) Favorite movie? Frozen ("Frwozen")
4) Favorite food? I don't have one.
5) Least favorite food? Uh...ummmmm...I forgot.
6) Favorite fruit? Banana
7) Favorite vegetable? Carrot
8) Least favorite vegetable? "That's Hawd" I forgot.
9) Favorite TV show? I don't have one.
10) Favorite song? "The ones from Frwozen"
11) Favorite thing to do with mom? Snuggle
12) Favorite thing to do with dad? Dance parties.
13) Favorite game to play with friends? I don't know
14) Favorite store? The ones with the kid cawts.
15) Favorite sport? Hockey
16) Favorite bible story? "The one where Jesus died on the Crwoss"
17)Favorite place to go? Ice Skating.
18) Favorite restaurant? Red Lahmsters!
19) Favorite toy? My two frozen dolls
20) Favorite thing to do with Elizabeth? Lily running from me and I try to catch her.
20.5) Favorite thing to do with JJ? Kiss 'Em.21) Favorite drink? Root Beet Floats
22) Favorite thing to do at school? "Wecess"
23) Favorite thing to do outside? Swing
24) What do you want to be when you grow up? A police girl.
25) What can you do now that you are 6? Go to Girl Scouts? (Answered as a question)
26) Who is your best friend? I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and I still don't have one yet.
27) What is mom's job? I don't know, mom.
28) What is dad's job? "Uh. To help people when they are fighting."
29) What does mom always say? I won't have any more children than 3! ;-)
30) What does dad always say? He always yells. :-)
31) What is your nickname? Anna Banana
32) What makes you laugh? Having fun and those kind of things.
33) What makes you sad? Can you think of anything that makes me sad? When I scratched my back on the thing (bathtub faucet).
34) What are you thankful for? Everything in the whole entire universe that God made for us.
35) What does mom love about you? I have no idea!!!
Then I asked if she had questions for me:
NO. Oh yea. Why are you doing this?
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
As you can see, Lily wanted to get in on the action. I call this photo montage, "The Many Faces of Lily".
What he can do:
He can sit up on his own now nearly 100% of the time.
He has 2 and 7/8 teeth.
He weighs: 20lbs 9 oz
Height: 27 inches.
He hasn't tried food just yet. His sisters were so interested in food by 6 months that we felt guilty eating in front of them. He couldn't care less except for the desire to snatch your spoon to play with. We plan to wait a few weeks for food to let his first food be Uncle Josh's gourmet food.
He still doesn't put stuff in his mouth (for which I am extremely grateful)!
He wakes up happy in the morning and from naps. He still doesn't have a consistent nap or bed time but seems to be working on it. (Big sister Anna needed until 7 months for this and he seems to take after her. Lily mastered it at closer to 4 months thanks to her magical thumb!)
He is becoming quite the talker and his favorite things to do are to blow rasperries and shriek. He will open his mouth halfway and let out a soft, high shriek like a baby dinosaur. He'll do that for minutes at time. He loves that sound.
He still loves to be tickled, especially on his neck, big belly and big ole thighs!
What he can do:
JJ can poop more powerfully than a volcano. It's the very rare poop that stays in his diaper. I feel like all I do sometimes is scrub poop out of clothes. And unlike most nursed babies, his poop stinks!!! (TMI, I know)
He has two bottom teeth. He was in his cradle in the kitchen talking to daddy and I looked down and exclaimed, "He's got two teeth!" Daddy said, "No he doesn't!" Sure enough, we looked and saw two little white toofers. They came in with nary a fuss from him and only in hindsight did we remember the extra drool!
He is able to grab things if you hold them out to him. He is interested in anything you want to give him.
He is able to sit up (with considerable assistance) and seems to like the view that way. He can't do it on his own and will plop backwards pretty quickly if you tried!
He will SLEEP WHILE TRAVELING (a minor Stokes child miracle). His favorite place to sleep is in his rocking cradle and he will sleep there fairly well no matter where we go!
His favorite things: Anna, Lily, crinkly things, and water bottles. He is fascinated by moving water and loves to grab and smash anything crinkly, like plastic bags.
Did you notice those thighs in the pictures above? Delicious!